Piya Tan is a meditation therapist, counsellor, writer and translator. He was a Theravada monk for 20 years and a pioneer in Buddhist counselling.
- meditation therapist; 66 years old; was a monk for 20 years
- has taught meditation for over 30 years
- has taught at the Univ of California @ Berkeley, Defence Science Organization, GMO, SIA, HP, Hitachi, JPMorgan, BP, etc
- mentor and meditation instructor to various executives and individuals
- referrals from doctors, social workers, etc
- now translating and teaching early Indian texts on meditation and psychology.